- 2019 Professor in computerised image processing, Uppsala University (from October).
- 2012Research Associate, IIT, CNR, Pisa, Italy (from January).
- 2021 Application expert at UPPMAX in Digital Humanities and Visualisation.
- 2012-2019 Associate Professor, Uppsala University, ca 20% teaching.
- 2019- Deputy Director of Studies, Division of Visual Information and Interaction, 10% From August 2019.
- 2018-2019 Director of Studies, Division of Visual Information and Interaction, 24% From August 2018 to July 2019.
- 2017-2018 Deputy Director of Studies, Division of Visual Information and Interaction, 10% From August 2017 to June 2018.
- 2012-2017 Senior Research Assistant, Visualization expert, UPPMAX, Uppsala University, 40%.
- 2013- 2016 Director for Swedish eScience Education (SeSE), 20%.
- 2013 Director of Studies for Swedish eScience Education (SeSE), 25%.
- 2007-2010 Senior Research Assistant, Visualisation expert, UPPMAX, Uppsala University, 50%
- 2006-2009 Associate professor at Linköping University, on average 12.5%.
- 2004-2011 Associate professor at the University of Gävle, 50%.
- 1996-2004 Assistant professor at the University of Gävle.
- 2004 Ph.D. Computerized Image Processing, 29/4, Uppsala University, Centre for Image Analysis. Title: “Improved Algorithms for Fast Shading and Lighting”.
- 2010 Docent, Computerized Image Proocessing 25/3, Uppsala University, Centre for Image Analysis. Title: “The Phong illumination model – how it has been improved through the years”.
- 2016 Degree of Bachelor of Arts, main field of study: Italian, Uppsala University.
Postdoc and Research Visits
- 2004-2008 University of Gävle, 2 years 50% and 2 years 20%.
- 2005 West Bohemian University, Czech Republic (STINT grant). September 12 – October 14. This period was followed by a number of shorter visits.
- 2010 CINECA, Bologna, funded by HPC-Europe2. March 1 – April 14.
- 2011-2012 ERCIM fellow, at IIT CNR, Pisa, Italy. January 10, 2011 – January 12.
- 2017 Research visit (a mini sabbatical of a total of one month) at University of Groningen and ISTI & IIT CNR, Pisa, Italy.
- Jimmy Azar, Title: “Automated Tissue Image Analysis using Pattern Recognition”. Defended his thesis October 20, 2014, Opponent: Marco Loog, Delft University of Technology.
- Raphaela Heil. Start date: January 15, 2018. Preliminary title: “Computerized Image Processing in handwritten text Recognition”.
- Tomas Wilkinson, Preliminary Title: “Large scale text recognition of handwritten manuscripts”. Starting date as co-supervisor: Sept 2015.
- Ekta Vats, funded by eSSENCE for two years. Starting date May 2, 2017. Title: Automatic hand written text recognition.
- 1997 Pedagogical: The Stockholm Institute of Education, 10 weeks.
- 2004 University Pedagogics, University of Gävle, 5 weeks.
- 2004 Course for assistant supervisors (Held at: University of Gävle, SLU and Karlstad University)
- 2012 Course for PhD supervisors, Uppsala University
- 2012 Course on supervising students doing oral presentations (DiaNa), Uppsala University
- 2012 Course on Scholarly Teaching and Learning in Engineering, Uppsala University
- 2013 Course on Mentor Training – Teaching Mentorship, Uppsala University
- 2013 Course on supervising student group work (DiaNa), Uppsala University
- 2013 Course on Teaching Academic Writing and Providing Feedback on Student Essays (DiaNa)
- 2014 IT Department’s internal course for academic supervisors/examiners of Thesis projects in the department
- 2014 Att Presentera Vetenskap i ord och bild (How to present science in workds and pictures, 2 weeks)
- 2015 Course/seminar on pedagogics in an international classroom (Full day)
- 2016 Kursvärderingar – en del i kvalitetsarbetet (Half day)
- 2016 International Perspectives in Teaching & Learning, 2 day workshop at University of Groningen
- 2016, Att leda grupper (Leadership education), Uppsala University